Mechanic Media

Media is automatic and in our lives, shaping our brains and running like clockwork in our minds.


As an American citizen, do you believe that it's important to vote in the elections? So many people do not vote, while so many do. There are even campaigns that go around, proclaiming "Vote or Die!" Well, if that was the case, I'd be voting every day. However, does your vote really make that much of a difference?

I may not have my facts straight, but from what I've heard, your vote is just a back-up option in the Presidential elections. The real votes are counted by representatives chosen for your state. If those are tied, your votes are something to fall back on. To me, this doesn't make me feel like my voice is being heard at all. The fate of my country's future is in the hands of someone I don't even know. This is someone with their own opinions and mind. Again, my facts may not be straight, but this is what I've heard.

If this is the case, why do we bother voting? Just so that if this does happen we might have a chance at picking our leader? Wouldn't it make so much more sense just to count our votes? It'd at least be much more fair.

Unfortunately, I've just turned 18 in the past few months and wasn't able to vote in the elections. Had I been able to, I probably would have voted for Obama. However, the next time there is an important election, you can count on me voting. Even though I kind of see it as pointless, me being only one person out of millions, I still like to think that somehow, it gets my opinion heard. If it isn't counted, at least there is a ballot somewhere with my name on it saying just who I supported or didn't support.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

About Me

My photo
Hello. =] My name is Ariel and I'm an 18-year-old student. I spend most of my free time blasting my music as loud as I can, practicing the guitar, going to concerts, or connecting with my friends. I enjoy being different, individual, and a little bit crazy.

Followers